Monday, September 8, 2014

Song-ography 9 - 5




You'll Shoot Your Eye Out 


Nine to Five - Dolly Parton

Workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin'
Barely gettin' by, it's all takin' and no givin'
They just use your mind and they never give you credit
It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it



September 2014 - Toronto ON

Darn! This is a song that gets stuck in your head!!

I knew immediately where I had to go to get photos for this week's challenge.

These cut-outs, City People, have been on the outside of the Royal Bank Head Office building for a long time, since 1989 and created by Catherine Widgery.

This is right in the heart of the financial district in Toronto, and the streets are always bustling with business suited types, blackberries pressed to their ears, full of their own self-importance.

Across the street is Union Station which transports these white collar labourers to the suburbs.










4 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think I've ever seen them before. Probably because when I'm in that area, I'm usually taking the PATH network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what great street art and how perfect for the song!

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow....these are so fabulous!!!! And spot on for the prompt this week. Dontcha just loves when it all "clicks" like that? Now I'm guessing NEXT week's song won't be such an easy "click", haha. Good luck! And thanks for joining in at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.