Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Recipe Box - Mozzarella Bread

I found this recipe at Izzy in the Kitchen. I made it to serve with last night's dinner of lamb chops and salad.

My husband toasted it in the morning and pronounced it delicious.

Photo taken on the Danforth in 2010.





Mozzarella Herb Bread
Yield: One 1.5 pound loaf (approx. 6-8 slices)

  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast this is 2 1/4 teaspoons
  • 3 cups bread flour I used all purpose and it was fine.
  • 1/4 cup dry milk powder
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups warm water
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 3 teaspoons dried Italian herbs I added oregano 
  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. (Mine didn't specify when to add the cheese and herbs, so I added those last.) Select White Bread setting; press Start. 

1 comment:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.